Hendersonville Kennel Club
Founded in 1977 to promote the sport of pure-bred dogs, the Hendersonville Kennel Club has evolved into a community-based organization that also promotes responsible dog ownership, public education, and seeks to protect the rights of dog owners in our community. We sponsor conformation show training classes, dog socialization, and Canine Good Citizen classes along with obedience and rally classes.
Hendersonville Kennel Club mission
- Further the advancement of all breeds of purebred dogs.
- Protect and advance the interests of purebred dogs, encourage sportsmanlike competition at dog shows, obedience and rally trials, and any other American Kennel Club events.
- Conduct sanctioned dog shows, obedience and rally trials, and other American Kennel Club events under the Rules and Regulations of the American Kennel Club.
The club offers two all-breed conformation, obedience, and rally shows each year in conjunction with the BLue Ridge Classic of the Carolinas. All events are open to the public with free admission! See “Shows” for more info.
In addition, the club offers an Intro to Dog Sports class, Conformation handling classes, Rally and Obedience classes. See “Classes” for more info.
If you're interested in joining HKC, please download the application and email back to us.
Membership Application: HKC Membership application
2023-2024 Officers & Board
- President: Terri Everwine
- Vice President: Jim Rathbun
- Secretary: Denise Anderson
- Treasurer: Andrew DuFour
Board of Directors
- Tracy Rouch – Show Chair
- Peggy Dellinger
- Jori Boatright
- Garry Williams
- Betty Ann Brown – AKC Delegate
- The Hendersonville Kennel Club
- PO Box 784
- Hendersonville, North Carolina 28793-0784
- Phone: 270-303-5119